OSS Summer of Innovation 2019 (the Program) is sponsored by GitHub , a web-based hosting service for version control using Git with its principle place of business at San Francisco, California, United States.
- Exploration Phase means the time when you could explore all the projects and talk to mentors to know more about the project.
- Contribution Phase means the period of time designated for Students to contribute to SoI’19 projects.
- Submission Phase means the period when the contributors have to fill a form where they will mention all their contributions.
- Evaluation means an evaluation by the Mentor of his or her Student’s work.
- Mentor means the individual who registers for the Program as a mentor for OSS SoI’19.
- Student means the individual who registers for the Program as a student.
- Project means an open source coding project to be worked on by a Student as an individual.
- Program means OSS Summer of Innovation ’19.
- Program Website means the website for the Program located at
- Program Period means the period of time between May 1, 2019 and July 31, 2019.
- Student Participant Agreement> means the agreement between OSS and a Student who is participating in the program.
- The words include and including as used herein mean “including but not limited to".
- OSS will process the personal information provided during registration and in any subsequent communications to administer the Program (including verifying eligibility to participate in the Program, running the Program, sending notifications regarding the Program, and delivering promotional items.
- OSS will also use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information for statistical purposes.
- The display name that Participants create during registration will be displayed publicly on the Program Website and any archives of the Program Website, and will be shared with Mentors for the purpose of communicating with the Students to answer their questions and reviewing their PRs and work.
- Student’s Project Submissions and contact information (email address and display name) will be shared with the Mentors (including Members) to administer the Program.
- OSS may publicize your participation in the Program and the results of the Program. OSS may display your information, including your display name, Project abstract, and Final Project Materials, on OSS websites, including the OSS Blog and the Program Website.
- Participants can access, update, remove and restrict the processing of their personal information in their Program profile during the Program Period. If you would like to edit such information after the Program has concluded, object to the processing of the information, or export it to another service, you may write to OSS email email@example.com.
PARTICIPANTS’ USE OF THE PROGRAM WEBSITE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS AT EACH PARTICIPANT’S SOLE RISK. THE PROGRAM WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. OSS DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED), INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OSS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCOMPLETE, FAILED, OR DELAYED TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION DUE TO THE INTERNET, INCLUDING INTERRUPTION OR DELAYS CAUSED BY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTION OR OTHER TECHNICAL PROBLEMS.
OSS may provide promotional items to Participants at its sole discretion. OSS makes no guarantee of receipt of promotional items to any Participant.
In the event of any discrepancy between the English version of these Program Rules and a translated version, the English version will govern.